
So I have some information on Grandpa Earl that I will post as this week goes on. I am working on a way to get some pictures that I have of him scanned in to the computer. However until I do that I though it would be neat to get some of everyone's feedback on their memories of Grandpa Earl that they would like to share with us.
Unfortunately I never really go to know Grandpa Earl that well. He died when I was very young. However, I do have three distinct memories of him that I can recall. The first being at the Cabin. I recall sitting on the fireplace in the winter. We obviously had the fire going to keep us warm. The adults were sitting at the table playing a card game when i sat too far back on the mantle and burned my bum on the metal screen. I remember crying so hard. I ran over to my Mom and Dad screaming. I recall that Grandma and Grandpa Earl were right there as well trying to console me and calm me down. Of course my parents thought it was funny that I slept with my pants off on the floor that night so they took some pictures of me with my bum exposed to the world. To this day they still laugh at the experience and the pictures of when Ryan burned his butt.
The other memories were of Grandma and Grandpa watching Brittany, Travis, Jo and Myself. We must have been getting restless and winy asking for candy. Grandma went to the kitchen and brought us out all she could find which unfortunately for us was cough drops. Needless to say we stopped asking for candy after that. However I do remember playing with Grandpa and sitting on his lap. I am glad I have this memory of him.
The only other memory that I recall of Grandpa was at his funeral. I recall Aunt Tami taking Chad and I up to his coffin. I remember how cold he felt as we said goodbye to him. I did not know what had happened or where he had gone or why he was lying there. All I remember was how cold he was.
I know how special of a person Grandpa Earl was because I know how much he meant to my Dad. Listening to stories of all the fun times they had together really made me feel like I knew him as well. I look forward to a time when I can come to know him better.
Like I said I will post the pictures that I have when I can get them scanned in and I will try to find a copy of his life sketch and get that posted as well. Untill then please leave your memories of Grandpa in the comments so we can all read them and learn more.
Thanks everyone.
Love ya,
Ry







Monday, January 31, 1916
| Top News Headlines This Week: |
|---|
| Jan 31 - Dutch Girl Guides form Feb 1 - H Thiele discovers asteroid #1847 Stobbe Feb 2 - Max Wolf discovers asteroid #815 Coppelia Feb 3 - Canada's original Parliament building, in Ottawa, burns down Feb 3 - Tristan Tzar publishes Dada-manifest in Zurich Switzerland Feb 5 - Enrico Caruso recorded "O Sole Mio" for the Victor Talking Machine Company |
| Top Songs for 1916 | ||||||||
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| ||||||||
| 1916 Prices | US President | |
|---|---|---|
| Bread: | $0.07/loaf | Woodrow Wilson |
| Milk: | $0.36/gal | US Vice President |
| Eggs: | $0.35/doz | Thomas R. Marshall |
| Car: | $400 | |
| House: | $5,000 | |
| Stamp: | $0.02/ea | |
| Avg Income: | $1,085/yr | |
| DOW Avg: | 95 | |
| People born on January 31 | ||||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
| Hot New Toys in 1916 | |
|---|---|
| |
| Top Books in 1916 | |
|---|---|
| |
No comments:
Post a Comment